Vancouver Critical Mass

Mostly event announcements, news, and bicycle related activist opinions...
Download Critical Mass flyers and posters, or upload your own
Email vancouvercm~AT~gmail~DOT~com for a posting password
Yes, we ride the last Friday of every month!

27.9.10

Peaceful Anarchy

Rain OR shine?

Well which one is it?

Any invitation I get to an outdoor event that includes this foreshadowing tidbit is an invite I only want to attend half of. The shiny half of course.
Now I don’t want to rain on your parade, but if it literally rains on your parade - count me out. I’ll catch the next one or better yet, I’ll watch it later on youtube.

Although I had already RSVP'd yes, it came with a definite caveat on my part - rain free please. Looking up at the grey skies on Friday, although it technically wasn't raining yet, this was Vancouver so it was really just a matter of time. With this optimistic mindset in place, I packed an umbrella and a helmet and headed out into the dark, cloudy afternoon.
The invitation was presented innocently to me as a fun group bike ride through the city.  Based on that info, I assumed it was going to be a fun group bike ride through the city. Little did I know I had just agreed to be an unwitting participant in an event dubbed by some to be a radical anarchist social movement subject to vilification and desired subsequent arrest complete with jail time...

Cool.
And we're off!

Ride on!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and constructive. If you want to vent or hate do it somewhere else. Violent, threatening and abusive comments will be removed. Please read other posts and discussion to avoid duplicate questions.

<< Home